Tuesday, September 15, 2009

#4

Juliette’s POV

“Come on, Juliette! One date won’t kill you!” Monique whined from behind me as I applied some last minute lip gloss.

“No, absolutely not! I don’t like him Monique… I don’t think I can make that any more clear to you.” I sighed and shook my head. Capping my lip gloss and throwing back down on the dresser. I took on last look at myself in the mirror before I walked past Monique and off the tour bus.
Monique fell in line behind me as we made our way through the backdoors of the bar. She let out a final huff before jumping up on the make-shift stage and taking a seat behind the drums.


The set went well; but as it had been since the airport - my heart just wasn’t in it. This had been our biggest show so far too; Ontario was great like that. With so many people into the underground music, we had had no problem filling venues. The only problem I was having with Ontario so far, was the fact that Monique had met a guy she liked.
Normally not a problem, she wouldn’t go out with him until I agreed to go out with his cousin.
His name was Brandon, and he was nice enough. On a normal day, I probably would have accepted the invitation; it’s not like I had a whole lot of other choices when it came to a love life - but I couldn’t get Maxime out of my head.
That thought bothered me more than anything. I fully believed that if I had the time; I would probably start stalking him.


By the end of the set I was more than ready to call it a night; but Monique had other plans. “Hey! Look who I brought with me…” She said slyly, pulling my attention away from my guitar. I looked up to see her coming onto the bus, Brandon and Andrew - her boy toy - in tow.
I plastered a fake smile on my face as I set my guitar down on it’s stand.

“He guys… what are you doing here?” I said, trying to remain civil as my eyes fell on Monique.

“We’re going out… the guys just wanted to come get out so… go get ready!” I let out a sigh at her words, not bothering to argue anymore. I walked back and grabbed a change of clothing before heading into the bathroom.

I followed Monique and Andrew through the streets on Toronto as Brandon kept pace beside me. He was driving me crazy. He wasn’t even doing anything, but the fact that he was there was enough to set me off.
It felt like I was loosing my mind; I wanted a guy I had known for a few hours… wanted him so bad that I didn’t want any other guy around me. Brandon didn’t pick up on that though; it took all my willpower not to say anything as he moved closer and closer to my side.
I wasn’t normally such a bitch but, it had just been a bad night. A bad month.

We made our way into a bar and I diligently sat in-between Monique and the wall. I shot her a glare as she started to protest; there was no way I was going to cozy up beside him in a dark, smoky bar.

The guys and Monique fell into quiet conversation while I daydreamed. There was something pushing me, propelling me to finish the song, his song. I began to hum it to myself.


‘I like to pretend you’re watching me,
Could it be a possibility?
I wonder what you’re thinking…
Mmm mmm mmm.
Do you wonder if I gave a car?
Do you wonder if I play guitar?
Oh I do, but only one of the two.

You are beautiful, you are beautiful…
You got your noise in a book and all I need is a look to know…
You, you, you…
You, you, you…

From behind your coffee cup,
To the wooden seat that holds you up
You float, over to me.
Without leaving your set, or making a scene.

I wonder if you live too far,
House, apartment, shoping cart,
I hope you’re warm when the night comes…
Mmm mmm mmm

You are beautiful, you are beautiful…
You got your noise in a book and all I need is a look to know…
You, you, you…
You, you, you…

You leave me,
You leave me,
You…’


You what? What now… why can’t I finish this song? I sighed to myself as I drew my attention back to the people around me.

Brandon is staring at me from across the table and Monique and Andrew are getting too close for my comfort. I let out a huff and decide that enough is enough… she puts me in a crappy situation like this; she’s damn well going to help me find Maxime!


Maxime's POV


“Something! You’ve got to have something for me Andrew… come on!” I sighed as I paced around the office.

“I’m sorry Mr. Talbot, but searching for women is not in my job description.” He took a deep breath and I knew he was about to give me another lecture on my ’immoral’ lifestyle.

I exhaled loudly before I turned on my heel and jogged out of the room. “Thanks Andrew!” I called over my shoulder as I continued on down the hallway. Shit! What now… “Jodie!” I yelled as I saw Staalsy’s girlfriend coming around the corner. “Just the PR girl I was looking for…”

“Ugh, what now Max? Please don’t tell me you go into trouble again…”

I laughed and shook my head. “Here.” I showed her the picture of Juliette. “I need you to find this girl for me. Her name’s Juliette and she’s in a band… touring across Canada.”

“Max… I’m not helping you stalk some poor girl. Aren’t there enough girls in Pittsburgh for you to de-flower without making me hunt them for you?” She replied coolly, hands on her hips.

“Oh, aren’t you so funny. Seriously Jodie, please?” The sincerity in my voice caused her stance to relax as she reached out her hand for the photo.

“Fine, fine! But if I go to jail for this… I’m taking you with me.” She shook her head and continued pass me.

I turned around and watched her saunter down the hallway. “Jodie baby, you can take me anywhere you want.” I chuckled as I continued on my way, hearing her let out a huff behind me.



“Any word man?” Jordan asked as I met up with the guys at our usual diner.

“Not about Juliette no, but your girlfriend keeps hitting on me… just so you know.” He let out a sigh and hung his head as I took a seat, grinning.

We started planning out our week; we were going away for 8 days, playing 5 games over the course. We chatted about who we were playing, how we needed to play, how we would play - but I couldn’t get into it.
I kept thinking about a red-headed girl from Quebec.

“Max, Max!” I felt someone grab my shoulder and shake me.

“What?” I snapped, turning around to see Tanger standing behind me.

“We’re going man…” he said looking around the table amused, I followed his stare to see that I was the only one left. I sighed and stood up, throwing a few bills on the table before following him out into the parking lot.

“Jesus, Talbo. If I didn’t know any better I’d say you were in love…” TK laughed as I watched him climb into Sidney’s Ranger Rover, outside.

“Yah, yah… you’re just jealous cause I get all the ladies!” I shot back; more forcefully than I intended. I sighed and turned around, following Tanger to his car.


We drove towards Sidney’s house in silence; I could tell Tanger wanted to say something but, luckily for me he was keeping it to himself.
I was different, I was acting weird - at times acting like an asshole; but I already knew that, I didn’t need someone else to confirm it. It wasn’t like I chose to be like this!
Hell, I’m Max Talbot, not some loser that gets worked up over a girl that he knows nothing about… oh who am I kidding? This IS me worked up…


“Max… man, what’s wrong with you?”

“Huh?” I grunted as I turned to see Tanger standing outside his car door. “Oh…” I exhaled loudly and climbed out; realising that we were at Sidney’s. I dragged my feet up the walk; flopping down quickly on the couch one I was inside.

“Alright that’s it!” Jordan yelled standing up and walking in front of me. “What is going on?!” I shrugged my shoulders, then motioned for him to move - so I could see the TV.

“Seriously dude, you’re acting like a dick… what’s up?” Sidney agreed, coming to stand beside Jordan.

“What the hell is this?” I snapped, glaring between them, “an intervention?”

“Something like that.” They agreed, smiling at each other.

I looked around as the guys closed in on me; great… how am I gonna get out of this? The last thing I need to do is talk about my feelings…

Jordan’s phone went off, causing him to jump. “Hello? Umm… ok…” He looked confused as he threw his phone to me.

“Hello?” I asked slowly, wondering what the hell was going on.

“Hi Max, it’s Jodie! I found her!”

“What?”

“I found her! I have her tour schedule printed off… I’m meeting Jordan at Diesel in a bit, I’ll give it to you there.”

“Seriously!? Oh man, I love you Jodie! Alright… I’ll see you there.” I hung up the phone, the biggest grin on my face. I glanced around the room at the guys. “Well… what the hell are you standing around for? Let’s go party!” I shouted as I jumped up and dashed towards the door; destination, Diesel.

7 comments:

  1. "Aren’t there enough girls in Pittsburgh for you to de-flower without making me hunt them for you?"

    Ahaha. Probably not, that's just how virile he is. Oh Maxie.

    I'm excited! I'm glad Jodie found her! :D Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great update, can't wait for the next one, i'm with jay on this one, can't wait to see what happens next

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA!! Oh Max! No one believes that this girl's for real!

    I'm glad Jodie found her. Go get her Max!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Not about Juliette no, but your girlfriend keeps hitting on me…just so you know."

    I laughed out loud. Classic Max.

    Yeah we're finally on the trail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, just found this story and you NEED to post more...seriously. I adoreeeee it xD

    and the lyrics...meghan blanchard right? I'm positive some of the lyrics you used sounded like one of her songs...

    anywayss really good :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your story and I loooooove it(:
    Max and Juliette are amazing!! haha perfect for each other without a doubt

    ReplyDelete